Register a New Domain
Finding the Right Domain
Your domain name is your unique identity on the internet so we recommend choosing a domain carefully. Generally, it should be something that is easy to remember or should describe your business so that you can be easily found on the internet.
Which Extension is Right for You?
Each of the different TLDs are used for different reasons. Normally .com .net and .org are used either by businesses or individuals who want to set up an international presence on the web. Domain names with extensions like .eu, .co.uk and .tw extensions are typically used by entities that operate within a specific location. If you are stuck trying to choose a domain, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Transfer a Domain
Bring Your Domains to Webhero
WebHero is the longest running hosting company in the entire world. We have been a registrar and web host since 1994 and our stability and reliability has been proven over the years. Transfer a domain name today and see some of the many reasons why we are a world class hosting company.
Why Transfer to Webhero?
- Absolutely No Transfer Fees.We never charge you any additional fees to transfer your domain. All you pay is the regular domain registration fee.
- Worry-Free Transfers.If for any reason your transfer fails or the domain cannot be transferred, we will furnish you with an alternate domain of your choice at no additional cost.
- Extend Your Domain for Another Year.When you transfer your domain to Webhero, any remaining time with the previous registrar is honored plus we will extend it for another year.
To add additional security to your domain and protect against unauthorized transfers, you can add Domain Locking to lock your domain. Locking your domain ensures that an authorization code (EPP code) can not be generated for the domain, which is required to transfer your domain to another provider.
Adding Domain Locking to your domain is the best way to ensure you are the only one who has control to make changes to your domain.
How it Works
Currently if your domain is not locked, the following steps are used to transfer a domains:
- A domain transfer is requested by another registrar. This request can be initiated by anyone, whether or not they own your domain.
- An email is sent to the administrative contact for your domain, requesting approval for the transfer.
- If no response is received within five days, the domain automatically transfers to the new registrar.
You can see that if you do not receive the email, or if you are out of town, etc, it would be very easy for your domain to be transferred away without your knowledge or intervention.
With Domain Locking active and a domain transfer is requested (step 1, above) the new registrar checks to see if the domain is locked. If it is, the email from step 2 is never sent, and the domain transfer stops.
What is Whois?
When a domain name is registered, ICANN requires us to submit the registrant contact information to the Whois database. Once your domain name is listed in the Whois database the information is available for anyone who searches for your domain.
Since we are an accredited domain name registrar, we must comply with the requirements set forth by ICANN. If you are not comfortable having your personal information being visible to the public, you can add Domain Privacy which will hide your information and display privacy contact information in its place.